This spicy smothered shrimp recipe features bell peppers, garlic, shrimp, and tomatoes.
Spicy Smothered Shrimp
Write a review
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles, such as Ro*tel
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 2¼ cups)
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1¼ cups)
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1½ pounds fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Hot cooked rice, for serving
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add tomatoes with green chiles. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat butter and olive oil. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in reserved tomatoes, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, parsley, and green onion. Cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over rice.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/