Spicy Tasso adds Cajun flair to this Corn Casserole.
Spicy Tasso and Corn Casserole
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 cups fresh corn kernels (5 to 6 ears)
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped tasso ham
- 1 (8-ounce) package Creole cream cheese, softened*
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups crushed kettle-cooked potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2 1/2–quart baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add corn, bell pepper, green onion, and tasso; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables are softened. Add cream cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Add sour cream, parsley, salt, and cayenne. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with potato chips.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Cream cheese may be substituted.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/