This risotto can be customized with any spring vegetables you have in your kitchen.
Makes 10 to 12 Servings
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 4 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 to 10 cups warm chicken stock
- 4 cups arugula, chopped
- 2 cups peas
- 2 cups chopped asparagus, blanched
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a deep stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice to pot, and stir using a wooden spoon; cook for 2 minutes. Add wine, and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 2 minutes. Stir in stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring constantly, until rice is tender but still a little toothsome, about 20 minutes. Stir in arugula, peas, asparagus, and cheese. Cook until it all comes together, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt. (Risotto should be loose but not soupy. It should gently pool when scooped and placed on a plate.) Serve immediately.