If you like the flavor of Deviled Eggs then you’ll love these Spring Vegetables with Deviled Egg Vinaigrette.
Spring Vegetables with Deviled Egg Vinaigrette
Yields: 6 servings
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 bunches jumbo asparagus, trimmed
- 4 large soft-boiled eggs, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package sugar snap peas, halved lengthwise
- ½ cup fresh green peas
- 1 cup shaved fennel
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Deviled Egg Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- Garnish: fresh herbs, shaved asparagus, celery leaves
- In a large bowl, prepare an ice- water bath, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 6 cups water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus, and cook until bright green. Remove from pan, and drain. Place in a prepared ice bath; drain, and set aside. Finely chop 2 boiled eggs. Cut remaining 2 eggs in quarters.
- On a large platter, arrange asparagus, snap peas, green peas, fennel, radishes, and quartered eggs. Top with diced eggs, salt, and pepper. Serve with Deviled Egg Vinaigrette. Garnish with fresh herbs, shaved asparagus, and celery leaves, if desired. Serve immediately.
Deviled Egg Vinaigrette
Yields: about 1 cup
- ⅓ cup cane vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 large soft-boiled egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a medium bowl, combine vinegar and shallot, and let stand at least 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and egg yolks until smooth. Add yolk mixture to shallot mixture, whisking to combine. Add chives, dill, sugar, salt, and peppers, whisking to combine. Whisking constantly, gradually add olive oil until combined. Whisk until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Store covered in refrigerator up to 3 days.