This strawberry-mascarpone pie is one of our favorite spring and summer icebox pies.
A sweet, creamy, and beautiful strawberry pie.
Write a review
- 1 (11-ounce) box vanilla wafers
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup crème fraîche
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 3 large pasteurized egg whites, chilled
- Garnish: fresh mint
- Spray a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, add vanilla wafers and melted butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Firmly press into the bottom and slightly up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- In the container of a blender, add strawberries, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Process until smooth, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream, 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla. Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat crème fraîche and mascarpone at high speed until combined. Add to whipped cream mixture, and beat at medium speed until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl with clean beaters, add egg whites, and beat at high speed until soft peaks form. Add remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, and beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into whipped cream mixture. Fold in half the strawberry purée; spread over crust. Spoon remainder of strawberry purée over the top and swirl, using a wooden pick. Cover with aluminum foil, and freeze at least 2 hours or up to 5 days. Remove from freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/