This Summer Tomato Salad makes wonderful use of the season’s produce.
Summer Tomato Salad
Makes About 6 Cups
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups fresh grilled sourdough croutons, reserved from Crispy Feta Toasts with Pancetta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved and whole
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, torn
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and honey.
- In a large bowl, combine croutons, tomatoes, onion, garlic, and cilantro. Add dressing, tossing to coat. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Serve immediately.