Tangy cane vinegar, sweet honey, and creamy goat cheese combine for a no-cook summer vegetable salad that is full of texture and flavor.
Summer Vegetable Salad With Pecan Vinaigrette
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 ears sweet corn, shucked
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 2 ounces honey goat cheese
- ⅔ cup pecan or walnut oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cane vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, cut corn kernels off cobs. Using a vegetable peeler, create zucchini and squash ribbons, and add to corn. Crumble goat cheese on top.
- In a small glass jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, pecans, mustard, honey, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Toss salad to combine, and serve with dressing. Refrigerate for up to 1 day.