Sweeten up your brunch with these award winning bacon-studded Louisiana Sweet Potato Bacon Biscuits.
Sweet Potato Bacon Biscuits
The 2013 Sweet Rewards Contest Grand Prize Winner.
Write a review
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup mashed sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cream of tartar, and cayenne. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in Cheddar cheese and bacon. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In small bowl, whisk together milk and sweet potato. Add sweet potato mixture to flour mixture.
- Using a fork, stir just until combined. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead gently 12 times. Roll dough to a ¾-inch-thick rectangle. Cut into 8 rectangular pieces.
- On reserved baking sheet, place biscuits 1 inch apart. Bake until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Serve warm.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/