“If you are like me, you’re a total Tex-Mex fan. When Southwestern seasonings combine with the natural sweetness of our delectable Louisiana sweet potatoes, get ready for a superstar meal.” – Holly Clegg
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
A light and lovely Tex-Mex meal.
Write a review
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ cups green enchilada sauce, divided
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1½ cups reduced-fat shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On prepared pan, combine sweet potato, green pepper, onion, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until fork tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Add lime juice, and mix well.
- Reduce oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of dish. To fill each tortilla, add a heaping 1/3 cup sweet potato filling and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up, and place in baking dish, seam down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cover with remaining sweet potato filling, black beans, remaining enchilada sauce, and remaining cheese. Bake until well heated and cheese melts, about 15 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/