This Sweet Potato Bundt Cake is an instant classic.
Sweet Potato Bundt Cake with Marmalade Ribbon
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup orange marmalade, divided
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) can candied yams, drained, syrup reserved
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add ½ cup marmalade and 1 egg, and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash yams until smooth. Add oil, cake mix, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ½ cup reserved syrup, and remaining 2 eggs; beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes. Place half of the cake batter in prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Spoon marmelade filling on top, staying away from the edges of pan. Spoon remaining cake batter over marmelade.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 30 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, microwave butter until melted. Stir in vanilla, remaining ¼ cup marmalade, and confectioners’ sugar. Stir in 3 teaspoons of reserved syrup. Spread glaze over cake.
- *We used Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/