These sweet potato cakes come with a spicy-sweet pepper jelly sauce.
Sweet Potato Cakes with Pepper Jelly Drizzle
Write a review
- 8 cups water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely shredded
- ¼ cup golden raisins, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 8 teaspoons red pepper jelly, warmed
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan or Dutch oven, bring 8 cups water and maple syrup to a boil. Add sweet potatoes, and cook 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potato, raisins, nuts, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and egg.
- Form into 6 patties, and freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, pour oil to a depth of 1 inch, and heat over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry potato cakes in oil until golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Top each cake evenly with sour cream and pepper jelly. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/