This award-winning Sweet Potato Corn Spoonbread came to us from the 2012 Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest.
Sweet Potato Corn Spoonbread
Write a review
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (15-ounce) can cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and coarsely mashed
- 1 (15-ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8.5-ounce) box cornbread mix
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan pralines (about 4)
- Preheat oven 375º.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined. Stir in sweet potatoes, creamed corn, cornbread mix, corn kernels, parsley, eggs, and onion.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish, and top with chopped pralines. Bake about 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- You may substitute 1/4 cup candied pecans for the chopped pecan pralines.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/