Try this Sweet Potato Fry-ttata for brunch this weekend.
Sweet Potato Fry-ttata with Chorizo and Caramelized Onions
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onion
- ½ pound fresh chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1 roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 cups thawed Alexia Frozen Sweet Potato Fries with Sea Salt
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnish: salsa, sour cream, cilantro, avocado
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until caramelized. Add sausage, and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add roasted peppers, sweet potato fries, salt, and pepper, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and half-and-half until frothy. Add cheese, cumin, and chili powder. Using a measuring cup, lightly press the chorizo mixture over the bottom of the pan. Pour in the egg mixture. Bake until the center is firm to the touch, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Increase oven to broil. Sprinkle queso fresco evenly over the top, and broil until cheese is melted and golden, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and let cool slightly. Sprinkle with cilantro. Slice into individual servings, and garnish with salsa, sour cream, cilantro, and avocado, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/