A Cane Syrup Glaze adds the perfect touch of sweetness to this Sweet Potato Pound Cake.
Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Cane Syrup Glaze and Pecans
Yields: 1 (10-cup) Bundt Cake
- 1 cup Candied Pecans (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Steen’s Cane Syrup
- Garnish: Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Candied Pecans, brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sweet potato and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking soda, salt, and remaining 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with crumble. Spoon remaining batter on top of crumble, smoothing top with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, cream, and cane syrup until smooth. Spoon cane syrup glaze over cooled cake. Garnish with Candied Pecans, if desired.
Yields: 2 Cups
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg white
- ⅓ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a nonstick silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until combined. Transfer to prepared pan, spreading in an even layer.
- Bake until toasted, about 8 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.