Sweet Potato Skins
Write a review
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ⅔ cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 475°. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Microwave sweet potatoes on high until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a ¼-inch shell. Reserve flesh for another use, if desired (see tip).
- Place potato skins, skin side up, on prepared baking sheet. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes; turn and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, mix together bacon, green onion, and cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Use the extra-sweet potato pulp you scoop out of the skins to make delicious mashed sweet potatoes. Just mix in skim milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and maybe a dash of cinnamon.
- Nutritional information per serving: 79 calories, 25% calories from fat, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 7mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 11g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 2g total sugars, 4g protein. Dietary exchanges: 1 starch, ½ lean meat.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/