Topped with a sweet bourbon-pecan crumble, these sweet potatoes are the ultimate comforting side dish.
Sweet Potatoes with Bourbon Butter
Makes 6 servings
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 8 ounces each), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Rub potatoes with oil and salt. Place potatoes, cut side down, on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with 2 tablespoons bourbon.
- Bake until softened, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly. Leave oven on.
- Without cutting through skin, make a lengthwise slit down center of each potato half. Gently press apart at slits to open up potatoes slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pecans, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and remaining ¼ cup bourbon. Fold half of butter mixture into pecan mixture; reserve remaining butter mixture. Top each potato half with ⅓ cup pecan crumble.
- Bake until crumble is browned and aromatic, 10 to 15 minutes. Drizzle with reserved butter mixture, rewarming in microwave, if necessary.