This cooling concoction will be your go-to summer cocktail for years to come.
The Watermelon Gin
Yields: 6 Servings
- 3 pounds fresh-cut seedless watermelon
- 1 cup Hendrick’s Gin
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 cups cubed watermelon, frozen
- Club soda or sparkling water
- Garnish: cucumber slices, jalapeño slices, watermelon wedges
- In the container of a blender, place watermelon; process until puréed. Pour purée through a fine-mesh sieve into a large bowl. (Don’t push pulp through the sieve.) Refrigerate to let drain. It should yield about 4 cups watermelon juice.
- Place gin and coriander seeds in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Strain to remove seeds. Add 4 cups watermelon juice, honey, lime juice, and orange juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add ice and frozen watermelon cubes to glasses. Add watermelon mixture, and top with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with cucumber slices, jalapeño slices, and watermelon wedges, if desired.