Tropical flavors from hibiscus, along with Louisiana-made orange rum, make this a memorable drink.
Tiger Bite Cocktail
- 12 hibiscus flowers
- 2½ cups boiling water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 8 ounces satsuma and rum liqueur*
- 6 ounces white rum
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs, orange slices, lemon slices
- In a small heatproof measuring cup or bowl, combine flowers and 1 cup boiling water. Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight. Strain, discarding flowers.
- In a heatproof pitcher, combine sugar and remaining 1½ cups boiling water, stirring until sugar dissolves. Let cool completely. Stir in lemon juice, orange juice, and rums until well combined. Add ice to fill pitcher, leaving at least 1 inch of space at top.
- When ready to serve, gently pour hibiscus mixture on top of lemonade mixture. (For a layered effect, do not stir.) Garnish with thyme sprigs, orange slices, lemon slices, if desired.
*We used Gator Bite Satsuma & Rum Liqueur.