Praline liqueur adds a unique flavor to this tasty treat.
Write a review
- 8 tablespoons butter, divided
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon praline liqueur or bourbon (see note)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1⅓ cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine 6 tablespoons butter, cream cheese, and flour. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. On a lightly floured surface, knead until mixture Preheat oven to 325°. Spray 3 (12-cup) mini muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, mix remaining 2 tablespoons butter with sugar. Add eggs, liqueur, and salt; beat until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Divide dough into 36 equal pieces (about 1 heaping teaspoon each). Roll each piece into a ball, and flatten into a small circle. Press into prepared mini muffin cups. Place 1 heaping teaspoon pecan mixture into each cup.
- Bake until tops are puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool completely in pans.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/