Too much pork? Impossible. Bacon grease could make this dish even better.
Triple-Pork Pot Roast
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (3½- to 4-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- ½ cup Creole-style injectable marinade*
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 8 ounces diced tasso
- ½ pound chopped andouille sausage
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups diced carrot
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups diced parsnip
- 2 cups diced turnip
- 5 cloves garlic
- Parsley rice, to serve
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Inject pork with marinade according to package instructions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add pork to pot, and cook until browned on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from pot.
- Add tasso and andouille to pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth, carrot, onion, parsnip, turnip, and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Return pork to pot. Remove from heat, and cover.
- Bake until pork is tender enough to thinly slice or shred easily with a fork, 2½ to 3 hours.
*We used Tony Chachere’s Creole-Style Butter Injectable Marinade.