Don’t get stuck in a salad rut! Salads are supposed to be healthy, but it’s time to get beyond the same old iceberg lettuce, croutons, and high-fat dressing. This Tropical Shrimp Salad has a perfect mix of summer ingredients combined with a creamy, cool dill dressing.
When I’m in a rush, I’ll buy an already-chopped melon or pineapple, since they’re so readily available in grocery stores these days. For a fun presentation, I’ll sometimes serve this with flair in a scooped-out honeydew or cantaloupe melon half.
Tropical Shrimp Salad
Write a review
- 1½ pounds large cooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1⅓ cups honeydew melon balls
- 1⅓ cups watermelon balls
- 1⅓ cups cantaloupe balls
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and sliced cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: chopped green onion, celery leaves, fresh dill
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, pineapple, melons, cucumber, and green onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemon zest and juice, mayonnaise, honey, dill, salt, and pepper. Add yogurt mixture to shrimp mixture, and stir to combine. Garnish with chopped green onion, celery leaves, and dill, if desired.
- Nutritional information per serving: 225 calories, 37 calories from fat, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 224mg cholesterol, 344mg sodium, 21g total carbohydrate, 2g dietary fiber, 16g sugars, 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1½ fruit, 4 very lean meat
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/