This umami-rich Tuna Tartare gets a kick from spicy wasabi.
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon finely minced pickled ginger
- 1 teaspoon pickled ginger juice
- ¾ teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces sushi-grade yellowfin tuna, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- Crackers, to serve
- Garnish: wasabi or wasabi mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sesame seeds, ginger, ginger juice, soy sauce, Sriracha, vinegar, and oil. Gently fold in tuna. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve on crackers. Top with wasabi or wasabi mayonnaise, if desired.