These Twice-Baked Yams make an easy side that’s always delicious.
Write a review
- 4 medium Louisiana yams
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven 350°. Pierce yams with a fork, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until soft. Cut in half lengthwise, and scoop flesh into large bowl, leaving 1/2-inch interior border. Place yam shells on a baking sheet.
- To flesh, add 1 cup brown sugar, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon; mix well. Fill each yam shell with about 1/3 cup filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine cereal, pecans, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle topping over yams.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and filling is hot.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/