These sliders with onion marmalade from Chef Jeffrey Mattia of American Sector at the National World War II Museum will take your tailgate to the next level.
Two Run Farm Sliders with Onion Marmalade
Write a review
- 1 white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon rendered bacon fat
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon diced cooked bacon
- 2 pounds 70/30 ground veal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slider buns
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 12 slices Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices plum tomato
- Sliced red onion
- ½ cup parsley leaves
- To the work bowl of a food processor, add onion; process until puréed.
- In a medium saucepan, heat rendered bacon fat over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes until dark brown in color. Stir in vinegar, sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, and cooked bacon. Cook about 5 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine veal, garlic and onion powders, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Shape meat mixture into 12 patties.
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Toast slider buns cut sides down on pan for about 1 minute; set aside.
- Spray grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cook patties in batches about 3 minutes per each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Spread mayonnaise onto cut sides of bottom half of each bun; top with patties, cheese, tomato, sliced onion, and parsley. Spread cut side of top half of each bun with onion mixture, and place over parsley.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/