This dish was inspired by Vietnamese-style vermicelli noodle bowls. Served with a spicy, aromatic dressing and lots of crunchy veggies, this recipe is perfect for a light summertime lunch.
Vermicelli Shrimp Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon spicy garlic-chile sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 (8.8-ounce) package vermicelli rice noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 36 jumbo cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup matchstick cucumbers
- ½ cup thinly sliced radish
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onion
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- ½ cup torn fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, to serve
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, lime juice, ginger, garlic-chile sauce, and garlic until well combined. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Divide rice noodles among serving bowls. Top with shrimp, carrots, cucumbers, radish, and green onion. Drizzle about ¼ cup dressing onto each serving. Sprinkle with peanuts, mint, and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.