This watermelon, red bean and feta salad is a refreshing mixture of flavors that makes for a light, fresh lunch.
Watermelon, Red Bean & Feta Salad
- 1 lb. Blue Runner Premium Select Red Beans
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 6 cups watermelon
- 1 cup feta crumbles
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Olive Oil
- In a pot, add the water, washed red beans, and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, about an hour.
- Drain beans and rinse with cool water.
- Mix beans, watermelon, onion, parsley, feta and olive oil in a large salad bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.