The delicate flavor of lump crabmeat is beautifully accented with a lemony vinaigrette in this zucchini salad.
Zucchini Crab Salad with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (10-ounce) package fresh spiralized zucchini (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) container lump crabmeat, picked free of shell
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh basil
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in oil in a slow, steady stream until combined. Add basil, mint, and parsley.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, and onion. Pour vinaigrette over vegetable mixture. Let stand until zucchini is softened, about 10 minutes. Gently fold in crab and tomatoes. Garnish with lemon slices and basil, if desired. Serve immediately.