This Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya from New Orleans’s Cafe Reconcile is hard to beat.
Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
Write a review
- 2 pounds mild smoked pork sausage, sliced ¼-inch-thick
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken, chopped
- 1½ pounds onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2¼ teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2¼ teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 5⅓ cups chicken stock
- 1½ pounds long-grain rice
- In a large cast-iron Dutch oven, cook sausage on high heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken, and cook until browned on all sides, 15 to 20 minutes. Lower heat to medium, and add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic; cook until vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste,
- Creole seasoning, parsley, thyme, and basil. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add rice, and stir. When jambalaya returns to a boil, reduce heat to simmer. Cover and
- cook until rice has absorbed all liquid, about 25 minutes.
Louisiana Cookin http://www.louisianacookin.com/