Traditional seasonings adds wonderful flavor to these Andouille Deviled Eggs.
Andouille Deviled Eggs
Andouille adds wonderful flavor to these Deviled Eggs.
Write a review
- 12 large hard-cooked eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped andouille sausage
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise or Creole mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Garnish: parsley
- Peel each egg, and halve lengthwise. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, add oil, and heat over medium heat. Add andouille and bell pepper, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels; let stand until cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, add egg yolks, and mash with a fork. Add andouille mixture and mayonnaise or mustard. Season with salt and cayenne pepper, stirring to combine.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites, and garnish with parsley, if desired. Chill 1 hour before serving.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/