This creamy, cheesy pasta recipe is an excellent choice for a weeknight dinner or when hosting company.
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
Makes 4 to 6 Servings
- 3 (6- to 8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning, and rub to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook until nicely seared, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet, and transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until firm and an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°, about 10 minutes.
- In same skillet, cook tomatoes over medium-high heat until lightly blistered and skins have burst open, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add shallot and garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add wine, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in cream; cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted and well combined. Add fettuccine, tossing to coat.
- Slice chicken, and place on top of pasta. Garnish with parsley and cheese, if desired.