Courtesy of Jolie Pearl Oyster Bar
Brie and Bacon Oysters
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces Brie, rinds trimmed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 16 oysters on the half shell*
- 2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, and let drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Add butter to pan; stir in shallot and garlic, and cook until tender. Add white wine, and cook until wine evaporates.
- Add cream, and bring to a simmer. Add Brie, cream cheese, and Parmesan, stirring until melted and combined. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Cover and refrigerate until cold, up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Pour rock salt onto a rimmed baking sheet. Place oysters on rock salt. Top each oyster with about 2 tablespoons Brie sauce and 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- Bake until browned and bubbling, 10 to 15 minutes. Crumble reserved bacon, and sprinkle over oysters.
*Shucked oysters put in a metal or ceramic baking dish can be substituted.