This crab, shrimp, and artichoke casserole is a delicious way to serve Louisiana seafood.
Crab, Shrimp, and Artichoke Casserole
Write a review
- 1 pound fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked free of shells
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon thyme (see note)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh lemon basil (see note)
- ½ bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1½ cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 1½-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, ½ teaspoon lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. In a separate bowl, combine crabmeat, remaining ½ teaspoon lemon zest, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pat artichoke hearts with paper towels to remove excess moisture, and cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and cayenne. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Add bread crumbs; cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley, chives, lemon thyme, and lemon basil.
- In prepared baking dish, layer half of shrimp, half of crabmeat, half of green onion, half of artichokes, and half of bread crumb mixture; repeat layers. Pour half-and-half evenly over bread crumbs, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until lightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes.
- For lemon basil, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. For lemon thyme, substitute 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/