Crawfish Boil Quiche
Makes 1 (9-inch) deep-dish quiche
- 1 (30-ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed and squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1 cup chopped andouille sausage
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1½ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cooked crawfish tails, chopped
- 7 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup halved grape tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together hash browns, green onion, melted butter, and 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Press mixture firmly into bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper, and celery over medium heat until sausage is browned and vegetables are tender. Spoon mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle with cheese and crawfish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, and remaining ½ teaspoon Creole seasoning; pour over crawfish.
- Bake until center is set, 35 to 45 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, mustard, and horseradish. Add arugula, parsley, tomatoes, and corn; toss to coat, and season to taste. Serve with quiche.