Serve this Crawfish Dip at your next gathering.
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ cup chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ pound crawfish tail meat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon liquid crab boil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1½ cups Japanese bread crumbs (panko)
- Toasted French bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; stir in shallot and garlic, and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add crawfish, salt, and pepper, and cook about 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine crawfish mixture, cream cheese, Cheddar, mayonnaise, bacon, vinegar, crab boil, hot sauce, 1 tablespoon tarragon, and 1 tablespoon parsley until combined. Spread mixture evenly into prepared dish; bake until hot and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining 3 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat; add bread crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon tarragon, and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, stirring until combined. Sprinkle evenly over crawfish mixture. Bake until golden, about 10 minutes more. Serve immediately with toasted French bread, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/