Seafood Stock takes this Classic Crawfish Etouffee to the next level.
Write a review
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-concentrated tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound crawfish tail meat
- 4 cups white rice, cooked according to package directions
- Garnish: chopped green onion
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and bell pepper, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring, until tender, about 1 minute. Add flour, stirring constantly until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sherry, and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add seafood stock, tomato paste, hot sauce, bay leaves, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, and cook until mixture begins to thicken. Add crawfish; reduce heat, and simmer about 8 minutes. Serve immediately with rice, and garnish with green onion, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/