A rich and creamy crawfish soup.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) package crawfish tails
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, and cook until translucent, 4 to 6 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper, and carrot. Cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and crawfish. Bring to a boil. Add lemon juice, parsley, basil, hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper. Reduce to a simmer, and simmer 26 to 30 minutes. Stir in cream. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
Can’t wait to try this recipe!
Will try this tomorrow
I tried this recipie and it was pretty good. Great for cold days.
I’m Trying This Recipe Tomorrow.We Had A Crawfish Boil Yesterday.I Had Leftover Crawfish.I Peeled Them,And Purchased 4 Packs Of Crawfish Tails At The Grocery Store.I Have A Feeling This Will Be A Winner.And With The Lil Chill In The Air,Can’t Go Wrong.
This was one of the best soups o have ever made …. I didn’t have fresh tomatoes, so I used 1 small can of tomato paste and 1 can of diced tomatoes … I think the next time I will have it with some pasta … yum yum yum