A golden-brown French bread crust makes this flavorful casserole a star.
Creamy Crawfish Rice Casserole
Yields: 8 Servings
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 pounds crawfish tails, rinsed and well drained
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 3 cups long-grain rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 cups soft fresh French bread crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add celery, bell pepper, and onion; sauté until tender, about 6 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed trinity, crawfish, soup, cooked rice, water chestnuts, cheese, milk, ¼ cup parsley, and Creole seasoning. Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, melted butter, and remaining ¼ cup parsley, tossing to coat. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake until bubbly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.