This Creamy Tomato Crawfish Pasta is packed with flavor! Try this recipe for Creole cream cheese.
Creamy Tomato Crawfish Pasta
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresno chile
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup sweet vermouth
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ cup Creole cream cheese or crème fraîche
- ½ pound crawfish tail meat
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ pound cooked capellini or angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; add onion and chile, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 30 seconds. Add vermouth, and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, gently breaking tomatoes with spoon.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Add Creole cream cheese, whisking until smooth, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in crawfish, salt, and pepper, and simmer 4 minutes. Stir in pasta, basil, and parsley, and stir until combined. Serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/