This classic Louisiana dirty rice is full of savory flavors and spices.
A classic Louisiana side.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound chicken livers, puréed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Garnish: chopped green onion and parsley
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef, pork, and chicken liver; cook until browned and crisp, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup chicken broth, scrape up browned bits from the pan, and cook until liquid evaporates. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth, and repeat, if necessary. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and cook until softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add salt, black pepper, cayenne, cooked rice, and tomatoes. Stir to combine well. Garnish with green onion and parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/