These delightfully easy drop biscuits come to us from Chef Cory Bahr of Monroe.
A tasty drop biscuit.
Write a review
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 2½ cups whole buttermilk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and ¾ cup cold butter together using a pastry blender until mixture has pea-size pieces of butter.
- Add buttermilk, mixing until just incorporated.
- Use a spoon or a large spring-loaded (3-tablespoon) scoop, divide mixture into 24 mounds on prepared baking sheets. Chill on baking sheets until ready to bake.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Brush biscuits halfway through baking time with ¼ cup melted butter.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/