Perfect for passing around a family party or just frying up for fun, these bite-size boudin balls are deep-fried and seasoned with two famous Slap Ya Mama products.
Fried Boudin Balls
- 1½ cups dry bread crumbs (or more, if needed)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 1½ pounds pork boudin sausage, casings removed
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, Slap Ya Mama Hot Cajun Seasoning, and Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce. Shape boudin sausage into 1¼-inch balls.
- Working in batches, dip balls in egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Roll in bread crumbs, coating evenly.
- In a large Dutch oven, pour oil to a depth of 2 inches, and heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 360°. Fry balls, in batches, until light brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Let drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
you can also make sure we can get slap your mama hot sauce in toledo Ohio