This beautiful rib roast was made for your holiday table.
Herb-Crusted Rib Roast
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast, patted dry
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 375°. Line a small roasting pan with foil; place a wire rack in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread butter mixture generously over rib roast. Place roast, rib side down, in prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let roast stand in oven with door closed for 2½ hours. Heat oven to 375°, and bake 30 minutes more. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Find more holiday must make recipes in our newest issue of Louisiana Cookin’ magazine.
Followed to the letter & it turned out beautifully!! Next time I make this l may take it out 5 mins early, but it was perfect for my guests. I’ll time it from the time I turn the oven back on, not from the time it reaches 375 degrees.
I did a 6lb. and it turned out great.
These are good cooking instructions for an electric oven, but how about for a gas oven? (gas ovens vent and lose temp very quickly).