This beautiful rib roast was made for your holiday table.
Herb-Crusted Rib Roast
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (5-pound) standing rib roast, patted dry
- Position oven rack in bottom third of oven, and preheat oven to 375°. Line a small roasting pan with foil; place a wire rack in prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread butter mixture generously over rib roast. Place roast, rib side down, in prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Turn oven off, and let roast stand in oven with door closed for 2½ hours. Heat oven to 375°, and bake 30 minutes more. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Find more holiday must make recipes in our newest issue of Louisiana Cookin’ magazine.