These Lyonnaise Potatoes make a fabulous special occasion side.
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, adding 1 tablespoon water if onions begin to stick to pan. Remove onion mixture from pan; set aside.
- Add butter to pan; cook over medium-high heat until melted. Add half of potatoes; cook until browned, turning frequently, about 3 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon, and let drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining potatoes.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, layer half of potatoes and half of onion mixture; sprinkle with half of salt and half of pepper. Repeat layering once. Lightly cover with foil, and bake until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/