In this recipe for Marinated Cheese, pecan oil provides a subtle backdrop to nutty Manchego and Parmesan, tart Champagne vinegar, and fragrant rosemary. Serve it as an elegant appetizer at your next gathering or add a pretty bow and give jars as gifts this holiday season.
- 1½ to 2 cups pecan oil
- 6 sprigs rosemary, divided
- 8 ounces Manchego cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, cubed
- ½ cup toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons pink peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add 4 sprigs rosemary, and let cool completely. Discard rosemary.
- In 2 (8-ounce) jars, divide cheese, pecans, pink peppercorns, and remaining 2 sprigs rosemary. Top each with 1 tablespoon vinegar. Divide oil between jars. Cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.