Impress guests with this Old-Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake.
Old-Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake
Write a review
- All-vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1½ teaspoons lemon extract
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Grease a 12- to 15-cup Bundt or tube pan with melted vegetable shortening, and dust with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extract and ¼ cup lemon juice.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with 1 cup milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until stiff. Fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons milk. Gradually whisk in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/
Like the cake old school I need to do you have a recipe book for sale
We offer subscriptions to the magazine and have a Louisiana seafood cookbook available at the Hoffman Media Store – https://www.hoffmanmediastore.com/louisiana-cookin.html
Just love your pound cake
A nice d-fashioned poundcake!
Amazing recipe mine came out great. I would love to send a photo.
Hello, Chef! I would love to have your Banana walnut bread or cake recipe, my husband favor! His birthday is August 24, and I’m trying to do it big for his birthday! I appreciate your recipe and help, please! Thank you so much! I will do your lemon cake as well which another favor if his! I want to make sure he have all his favors! Thanks!!!!
Banana Nut Bread, cake, or muffins with lots of walnuts added! Just since it is Banana nut bread! Thanks
I I would love to have this recipe but I was unable to order a subscription
This cake looks amazing. I cannot wait to try it. I love scratch cakes. That’s all I make. Soon as I do your lemon pound cake.You will be the first to know. Thanks for the recipe.
Can you do this recipe in a loaf pan.