The holiday season’s rich flavors—from savory to baked goods—fill kitchens everywhere with wonderful aromas. For a seasonal standout this year, try this fruity citrus Orange Marmalade Bundt Cake. Break out your most festive Bundt pans, and this simple cake turns into a holiday showstopper that looks as good as it tastes.
You could serve one at the end of a holiday meal, but how about this: make several to give as gifts. Bundt cakes also freeze well for an easy make-ahead dessert. Just make sure you use fresh zest; it really brings out the cake’s yummy citrus flavor.
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix*
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 (6-ounce) container nonfat orange-flavored yogurt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg whites
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or fresh orange juice, divided
- ½ cup orange marmalade, or apricot or peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, orange zest and juice, canola oil, yogurt, egg, egg whites, and ¼ cup liqueur; beat at medium speed with a mixer until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes, and invert onto serving plate.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon liqueur and preserves. Microwave 45 seconds. Pour over warm cake.
- For testing purposes, we used Pillsbury Moist Supreme Yellow Cake.
- Nutritional information per serving: 231 Calories, 28% Calories from Fat, 7g Fat, 2g Saturated Fat, 14mg Cholesterol, 233mg Sodium, 38g Carbohydrate, 0g Dietary Fiber, 26g Sugars, 2g Protein. Diabetic exchanges: 2½ Carbohydrate, 1½ Fat.