The rich mixture of salty cheese, peppery greens, and crunchy bread crumbs that crowns these Oysters Rockefeller is the epitome of easy sophistication.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup finely diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1½ teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- Coarse kosher salt or rock salt
- 12 fresh oysters on half shell
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse together spinach, arugula, garlic, and all onion until finely chopped. Add butter, bread crumbs, 1½ teaspoons water, hot sauce, kosher salt, and fennel; pulse until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In the bottom of a 14-inch cast-iron skillet, add coarse kosher salt or rock salt to a depth of ½ inch. Nestle oysters on half shell in salt. Top each with about 1 tablespoon butter mixture; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, about 8 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon.