Spring is in the air! Soon, people will be donning their Easter bonnets and packing their picnic baskets full of delectable foods. Whether those baskets are filled with savory and juicy hams or decadent and creamy deviled eggs, the flavors will be popping thanks to Tony’s!
Hams seasoned inside and out with Tony Chachere’s® Famous Creole Cuisine’s seasonings and marinades will melt in your mouth. Creamy, savory, sweet-heat flavors in deviled eggs, like those from Chef Nikki Shaw, will be a delicious hit at any picnic or party.
- 6 jumbo eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon sweet and hot mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Tony’s More Spice Seasoning, plus more to taste
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and sliced
- Add eggs to a medium pot, and completely cover eggs with water. Turn heat to high. After water begins to boil, cook for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Drain boiling water, and rinse eggs with cold water. Peel eggs, and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks, and place in a small bowl; arrange egg whites on a plate.
- Mash warm yolks with a whisk; stir in mayonnaise, relish, mustard, and Tony’s More Spice Seasoning, adding ingredients a little at a time. Use more or less mayonnaise depending on the desired creaminess of the mixture. Whisk mixture until completely smooth.
- Fill egg whites with yolk mixture using a teaspoon. Sprinkle on Tony’s More Spice Seasoning to taste to garnish the top of each egg.
- Cut each slice of bacon into four equal pieces. Top eggs with cooked bacon right before serving to maintain crispiness.
- Serve right away or store eggs in refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for up to 3 days (keep bacon separate when storing in refrigerator).
2. Jumbo eggs are recommended, but if using smaller eggs, slightly reduce the amounts of the other ingredients.
Tony Chachere’s® Famous Creole Cuisine is celebrating its 50th anniversary! Founded in 1972 by Tony Chachere, Tony Chachere’s® continues to be family-owned and -operated and is located in Opelousas, Louisiana. Employing more than 75 people, the family maintains a tradition of Creole authenticity in its comprehensive line of seasonings, dinner mixes, marinades, and sauces for both pantry and table.
What better way to celebrate this Creole staple’s 50th anniversary than by adding a dash to your favorite recipe? Order a commemorative can of Tony’s Original Seasoning at tonychachere.com to infuse Easter or Passover feasts and picnic baskets with flavor in no time.