A traditional south Louisiana Pain Perdu, or “Lost Bread.”
Write a review
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 slices thick sandwich bread
- Garnish: confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip one bread slice in milk mixture. Cook in pan until brown, about 1 minute per side. Set aside, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining bread and milk mixture. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, and serve immediately.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/