Pork and Beef Garlic Sausage
This homemade sausage is perfect for cold, wet, winter nights.
Write a review
- 1 pound chilled pork shoulder (Boston butt), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound chilled beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine pork, beef, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, cayenne, mustard, and nutmeg. With machine running, add 2 tablespoons water in a steady stream, and process until meat is coarsely chopped and mixture is combined, about 10 seconds.
- Form sausage into 8 patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook on each side until cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Louisiana Cookin https://www.louisianacookin.com/